Health Safety & Environment
…fostering healthy employees, families and communities…
Advantage values the health of all our employees, contractors, and our neighbours in the communities where we live and work. Part of our commitment to the health of our staff is to ensure a safe, respectful and rewarding working environment.
…this is how we work…
Safety is a key part of everyone’s responsibility at Advantage and not just when it is convenient or deemed necessary. We have strong commitment and engagement from our Board of Directors, Senior Executives and all our staff including our field and contract workers. Advantage will provide the training and resources to create a safe working environment, because our goal is for everyone to return home safely at the end of every day and to extend that philosophy to their own personal activities.
…actively protecting the environment…
Advantage’s operations are located in northwest Alberta. We are aware of the impact our operations may have on all stakeholders including animal habitat, water sources, and air quality. We plan and operate in a manner that minimizes environmental impacts and meets or exceeds regulatory requirements. We are actively working with the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) on developing industry best practices in the Montney to optimize resource recovery while balancing stakeholder interests.
Examples of what we are doing to minimize our impact on the environment:
- Pad drilling to reduce surface disturbance;
- Bi-fuel conversion to natural gas from diesel on drilling rigs and frac pumping equipment;
- Waste water re-used for operations (40% of completions water needs are sourced from recycled industry water)
- Reduced GHG emissions (CO2) and sulphur dioxide (SO2) are re-injected rather than flared to the atmosphere)
- Drilling fluid recovery process allows better clean-up of drill cuttings
- Top decile AER Licensee Liability Rating (LLR) of 24.48 demonstrates Advantage has one of the highest asset to liability coverage ratios in the industry for covering the costs of well and facility abandonment.
- 100% satisfactory inspection rating by the AER in 2016 demonstrates the adherence to high quality standards in all our field operations and pipelines
- 98% Audit score in the Alberta OH&S’s Certificate of Recognition program.
…supporting Communities we live and work within…
Youth Singers of Calgary
Hythe Community Centre
Dawson Creek and District Hospital Foundation
Advantage Oil & Gas “Executive” ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Earning Our Social Licence to Operate
Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd. is committed to being a good neighbor in the communities where we operate. Our staff are encouraged to work with members of the community to build sustainable relationships based on the principles set out in Advantage’s Public Involvement process, Health Safety and the Environment, and its Corporate Governance policies and processes.
Advantage’s Public Involvement Strives to be. . .
|Trustworthy||Ensure issues and concerns are addressed and follow-up is conducted as agreed. We will listen to and learn from stakeholders and consider their advice in our plans. We will be transparent in our approach to participant involvement.|
|Accessible||Be available to consult, discuss, and provide information and be responsive to stakeholders. We will ensure our technical information is understandable and explains the development plan impact for stakeholders.|
|Inclusive||Ensure the community is aware of our plans and that we allow them the opportunity to participate in meaningful ways. We will be accountable and provide “feedback loops” that demonstrate our response to stakeholder input.|
|Fair||Balance competing interests in the community to accommodate concerns and constraints where reasonable and feasible.|
|Respectful||Continue to build strong relationships within the communities in which we operate through personal consultation, and being available and responsive, in a timely manner.|
Gundy Community Hall Barbeque
Supporting Kids Minor Hockey in our Area
- Mandate Of The Board Of Directors
- Audit Committee Charter
- Human Resources, Compensation And Corporate Governance Committee Terms Of Reference
- Independent Reserve Evaluation Committee Terms Of Reference